TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2006-04 > 1145317138

From: "Paul E. Lawrence" <>
Subject: Re: [TMG] Printing Journal Report
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2006 18:39:03 -0500

At 12:09 PM 4/17/2006 -0400, Joseph Toland wrote:
>I am using TMG 6.08, with windows XP and am having trouble creating reports,
>either viewing or printing.
>

>After setting the options, I then do print and save and the report runs
>about 25% complete and then hangs up. I have to control/alt/delete to clear
>the hang up. I have run optimize and VFI and still, the problem persists.

It would be helpful to know how many generations you are printing. Also are
you sure it has hung up. Sometimes the progress bar will quit progressing
and Windows will indicate that the program is not responding and that is
not the case...you can check by doing Ctrl+Alt+Del, go to the Performance
tab of the Task Manager and if it is registering at or near 100% then TMG
is still building the report. With a lot of generations you have to give it
plenty of time to complete...

Paul E. Lawrence

My Lawrence Genealogy web page is located at the following URL:
http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~lawrpaul/index.htm

User of The Master Genealogist (TMG) http://www.whollygenes.com/index.htm

Member of the Roots User Group of Arlington, VA: http://www.rootsusers.org/

This thread: