TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2006-04 > 1145453989

From: "Jill Morelli" <>
Subject: RE: [TMG] Copying Tag
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 06:39:49 -0700

Bob,

I don't completely understand what you have stated below. I do put the
census occupation information in an occupation tag.

I use a custom role (no carriage return and with the ability to put a
modifier on the front end of the sentence using ||) that ties the sentence
to the census paragraph. My database is structured for narratives. I
really would not like a sentence that read "Fred was a farmer, John, Fred
Jr. and Tom were farm laborers and June was teaching in a rural school." AND
have that print out for everyone. Using the separate tag I can have each
person's occupation tied to only them. "According to the enumeration, Fred
Jr. was a farm laborer."

Less bulk; more unique for the person.

Just another way of doing it.

Jill