TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2006-04 > 1145503835

From: Terry Reigel <>
Subject: Re: [TMG] Prioritizing the Wishlist (was Copying Tag)
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 23:30:35 -0400

On Thu, 20 Apr 2006 03:11:39 +0000, wrote:
> Or like being able to place source notations within a
> sentence rather than having a string of them at the end
> of a sentence; i.e.
>
> John Smith was born Sunday (1), April (2) 16 (3), 1847
> (4) instead of John Smith was born Sunday, April 16,
> 1874. (1,2,3,4).

Users have often asked for some version of this. But I'm perplexed by
how it would actually work. Say in this example, you had two sources -
a birth certificate that had the day, month, and year, and a census
that had age. How would they fit? The birth certificate would be cited
three times - for day, month, and year (and also three more times,
for city, county, and state?) while the census would be cited only for
year (and state)?

Or would you somehow cite the birth certificate only once? If so, how
would you indicate which items it supports?

Terry Reigel

This thread: