TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2006-05 > 1147421577

From: "Astrid Kranzbuhler" <>
Subject: RE: [TMG] Exhibits
Date: Fri, 12 May 2006 18:12:57 +1000

Ron wrote:
> What are the pro's and con's of internal vs external exhibits. I am
> starting to add a lot of scanned pictures and census images
> to my files and
> can't decide which way to go.

Hi Ron,
Well - you'll probably get a number of responses - I, personally, use
external exhibits exclusively -

Some see it as an advantage to have that Internal exhibits are *within* the
project - but IMHO, the trade-off is huge backup files when most exhibits
don't really change once they're entered.

External exhibits
- need to be backed up separately - though there is an option to back them
up with the project - I do that only when I have made changes to the
external exhibit files (e.g. jpg, text or whatever)
- if you do want to make changes to the external exhibit files, you can use
any program of your choice - for example image editing programs design to do
so
- and finally - if you are using Second Site to create websites, that only
works with external files.

Astrid

This thread: