TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2006-05 > 1147442750

From: "Bob Berg" <>
Subject: RE: Exhibits
Date: Fri, 12 May 2006 09:05:50 -0500

One major factor is the size of your backup file. I use external exhibits
and back them up seperately from the data. If you don't have many you have
the option to back up along with the data. I only have to backup exhibits
when I change or add an exhibit. If you use internal exhibits every backup
includes the exhibits and can get very large quickly.
Since I am saving the jpg file for many things like census images, draft
cards, death certificates which are attached as a source exhibit I can no
longer even back up to a CD, have to use a DVD/external hard drive for
backups and it takes several minutes to backup so I really wouldn't want
them internal!

Bob Berg