TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2006-06 > 1150379308

From: "DeAnna Burghart" <>
Subject: RE: [TMG] Unnamed child
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2006 06:48:28 -0700

Terry, I was speaking more to the ability to use them in sentences -- i.e.
in the Memo field -- than in the names. I leave those blank, as previously
indicated. Donald was recommending I make a text macro out of the em-dash I
use so frequently, since there's no built-in shortcut for it and I have a
silly allergy to the character map. ;)

As for why en-dashes instead of hyphens, Word may *treat* them the same, but
they're different nonetheless. They look different, and they are used
differently. Pedantically speaking. (Who, me? Never!) :P

Practically speaking, I just settle for double hyphens, of course. <g>

D-