TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2006-08 > 1155218021

From: Steinar Vissebraaten <>
Subject: Re: [TMG] Question
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2006 15:53:41 +0200

At 15:39 10.08.2006 Thursday, Terry Reigel wrote the following:
Hi all.

Thanks for the reply.

So my sentence is to complicated for TMG. OK.

Then your solution is what it should be. I have
no problem then to make different sentences with
different rolls. I was just hoping it could be
done with only on. As the M4 and M5 refer to the
2 witness occupation. I could also write this
directly into the tag each time - this would be better I suppose.
To use the M4 within the bracket of the sentence
first part I get a problem so what I created was
working ok except it is always printed if no
input too. I wanted to avoid that. I'll have to
look into it deaper or as suggested make another
tag for marriage with the witness as separated from the first marriage tag.

Thanks anyway

Steinar.

>On Thu, 10 Aug 2006 15:09:34 +0200, Steinar Vissebraaten wrote:
>
> > I have a marriage tag like this:
> > [:CR:][:CR:][:TAB:]<[M1]><[P]> ble [D] <[A]> gift med
> > <[M2]>< [PO]><[AO] ><[PARO]><i [L1],><i [L4].> Forlovere
> > ved giftemålet var <[M4]>< [R:Witness1]> og <[M5]><
> > [R:Witness2]><, [M3]>
> >
> > How can I make the last part
> > Forlovere ved giftemålet var <[M4]>< [R:Witness1]> og
> > <[M5]>< [R:Witness2]>
> >
> > not showing if the fields are empty?
>
>You cannot make it dependant on any but the nearest variabel:
>
><Forlovere ved giftemålet var [M4]>
>
>That means if M4 is empty and the others are present it will not
>appear. I doubt that is what you intend.
>
>I think Tom's suggestion of different Roles is the only way to do what
>you want.
>
>Terry Reigel

Genealogy from Nes and Flå parish in Hallingdal.
For NESBOOK volume II & III we need all kind of
info - estimate release time 2006 !!!
Steinar Vissebråten, N-3540 Nesbyen.
Phone:+47 32068733 - Mob. +47 90693540
http://home.online.no/~steinv