TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2006-12 > 1165037563

From: "Teresa Elliott" <>
Subject: Re: [TMG] UFT to TMG Conversion
Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2006 23:39:22 -0600

That would really be up to you. I do a separate source for each document, so
I am known as a splitter. If you do one source per roll of film, like the
census, or say for the SSDI, you'd be a lumper. People who mix them up
depending on the source say lumping Census, but splitting births are known
as splumpers. Now you have to decide which you want to be. I am the
ultimate in splitter, so I'd suggest one for each person, but since you
sound like you'd prefer in this instance to have once source for the SSDI
and then put the details in the CD, I suggest you might be better served to
be a lumper on this source. There's no right or wrong way and each has it's
advantages and disadvantages. If you decide to split, I can send you my
source template for the SSDI.

Teresa Ghee Elliott
--http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~rutherfordcemetery/
All I want for Christmas is to know who is George's father is... I've been
good.