TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2006-12 > 1165070941

From: "Linda Kuhn" <>
Subject: Re: [TMG] UFT to TMG Conversion
Date: Sat, 2 Dec 2006 08:49:01 -0600

John Cardinal wrote:
>Find and Replace should be able to help with the weird characters. I
>suspect that they aren't carriage returns; if they were, they wouldn't show
>up as empty boxes. The difficult part is determining what the character is.
>If you can determine the binary value for the character, then you can use
>the "hexadecimal character pattern" to select it. "\xdd" (omit the quotes)
>will match the character with hex code "dd".
>
>So, for example, a capital A is decimal 65. 65 in hexadecimal is 41, so you
>could search for it using "\x41" (omit the quotes).
>
>If you can't determine what the character is, contact me off-list.

John,

You could be right, that the boxes do not represent a CR, but they function
just like a CR. I've gone so far as to copy-and-paste the boxes from TMG to
Notepad and then from Notepad to TMGU and found that TMGU doesn't detect the
character from that approach. *shrug*

Since I wouldn't have a clue of how to find out the hex number of the boxes,
I'll contact you off-list. :D

Thanks,
Linda

This thread: