TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2006-12 > 1166123039

From: Terry Reigel <>
Subject: Re: [TMG] Source of a source of a source of a source ... HELP!
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2006 14:03:59 -0500

On Thu, 14 Dec 2006 10:02:31 -0600, Linda Kuhn wrote:

> I think TMG has offered split CDs as long as I've been
> using it (since v. 5.0) so it never occurred to me that
> the lack thereof would affect the original design of the
> Source Types.

As I recall, they were introduced in an interim update to TMG 4.

> That leads me to another question. With the disclaimer
> that I haven't yet taken time to experiment, is it
> possible to custom design a Source Type template in such
> a way that TMG will "Lump" all "Split" census sources
> for, say, a given Township into a single entry in the
> Bibliography?

Yes. When you create a bibliography, TMG creates only one copy of each
identical entry. So, if you structure your bibliography template so
that all sources with the same Township produce the same output, there
will be only one appearance in the bibliography.

Terry

This thread: