TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2007-01 > 1170193237

Subject: Re: [TMG] Use of PDA's and/or Blackberries
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2007 21:40:37 +0000

David - I took my Zire 71 (Palm OS) to the Famiy History Center my last trip -- and loved it! So easy to carry -- all my data was there (I use GedStar), I also took my laptop, left it in the hotel and imput every evening (I wouldn't be able to read my writing if I waited to get home!). This also guided me into what I needed to do the next day. One drawback -- the PDA dropped out of my pocket while I was looking at books. Good thing genies are honest people -- I had it back within 15 min. But it was scarey for awhile. Bigger pocket next time!!! Downside - you can't imput data into the PDA so have to write it down, or photocopy. Upside -- the weight and size. The nice thing about the Zire 71 is that it has a camera attached -- I could also take pictures of books, etc. which turned out quite nicely. Not the quality of a high priced digital camera -- but adequate for my needs. I say - go for it........
Carol Collins

From: "David Rushing" <>