TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2007-02 > 1171152956

From: Terry Reigel <>
Subject: Re: [TMG] Source varible[CD]
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2007 19:15:56 -0500

On Sat, 10 Feb 2007 15:50:39 -0800 (PST), Vern Valan wrote:
> Hopefully some on can enlighten me as this has been
> bothering me for some time.
> When you produce a List of Sources and in my case I have
> limited it to one source. The report prints the
> Bibliographic version and at the end includes the
> varible <, [CD]>. I believe this stands for Citation
> Detail but where do you put the information you want to
> show there?

You put the information you want to appear where the [CD] source element is in the Citation Detail field on the Citation screen, when you cite that source for any tag. It's intended to record details about exactly how that source relates to that particular tag.

However, the [CD] source element cannot be used in the Bibliography template. That's because the bibliography template is used in Bibliography created when you choose that option in reports. The bibliography record appears only once for each sources cited in the report. But the source may be cited in any number of tags which appear in the report, and each of those citations can have a different entry in the Citation Detail. It makes no sense for the bibliography to try to pick just one of these entries.

The [CD] element will never produce any output in any bibliography output, and should not be included in the bibliography output template for the source. All you will every get it the term "<, [CD]>" itself, as you have seen.

Terry Reigel

This thread: