TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2007-02 > 1171691008

From: "Sholder, Kevin L." <>
Subject: Re: [TMG] Keeping track of [CD] and [CM] designations in lumpedsources
Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2007 00:43:28 -0500

Cheryl,

In my need to be as consistent as possible in my data entry and the idea
that I may forget something, I've created a style sheet for EVERYTHING that
I do within TMG. My brain book or TMG Bible as I call it. Some of the
topics listed are:

NAMES, DATES, EXHIBITS, PLACES, TAGS (custom and TMG), FLAGS, SOURCES
(custom and TMG) and REPORTS.

I never forget how I did something or more importantly WHY I did something.
Being a little over the top, I've included samples of everything that I've
customized so far and why as well.

While this may seem tedious at first, I've found it a great reference as it
sits right next to my "Getting the Most Out of TMG" book.

I also keep it handy so that I can easily copy and paste from my examples as
needed.

My 2 cents on a Friday night / Saturday morning...

Kevin L. Sholder