TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2007-02 > 1171897478

From: Lee Hoffman <>
Subject: Re: [TMG] Keeping track of [CD] and [CM] designations in lumpedsources
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2007 10:04:38 -0500

Jill Morelli wrote:
>I also put my notes on CDs in the Source Definition
>screen/Supplemental/Comments section. The only time you have to be careful
>is for those sources which are annotated. In that case the comments are
>placed into the citation. I have deleted [Comments] from the annotated
>sources for that reason and because I can put them into the CD.

If you use Hidden Text in placing your notes in the Comments field,
you can still use that field (Source Element) in the Source
Templates for that Source. With the Hidden Text, the notes would be
ignored when the Source is printed if the Comments Source Element is
part of the Source Templates(s). The only caveat is that there could
be some minor initial confusion to the user when the Source is opened
to retrieve the notes for use.

Hope this helps -

Lee Hoffman/KY
TMG Tips: <http://www.tmgtips.com>;