TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2007-04 > 1175637973

From: "Teresa Elliott" <>
Subject: Re: [TMG] Abbreviations
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2007 17:13:35 -0500

This non professional hates to write out place names. <G> If I were going
to send the data to a professional organization, I would have to do more
editing than changing TN to Tennessee (where LA means Lower Antioch.) With
genealogy and word processor programs, one can easily make those changes at
editing time. For my family, I only need to say Rockvale, or Murfreesboro,
or Holt's Corner, and they know exactly where I mean. I think it would
depend on the audience. IF I were sending a report to a friend I met online,
then I would want to be more specific with places than I have to be with my
family.

Now I am not saying you shouldn't spell out the names, just that I rarely
bother. <G>

Teresa Ghee Elliott
--http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~rutherfordcemetery/