TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2007-04 > 1175788574

From: "DeAnna Burghart" <>
Subject: Re: [TMG] Abbreviations
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2007 08:55:18 -0800

Michael G. McManness wrote:
>>I received a letter from a cousin today. His return address is spelled
Saint Louis and the letter is also post marked Saint Louis.<<

Well, so much for nevers and evers, huh? :D As I said before, I freely admit
my experience may be (and apparently is) limited.

Truthfully, though, we should probably agonize less over things like this,
and more over whether the John Smith b. ca. 1855 and living with Sally is
really our John Smith b. 24 Jun 1853 m. Sally Jones, or someone else
entirely. Like as not, anyone truly interested in our work later will be
able to figure out relatively easily what we meant by various place
names/abbreviations, but may have more difficulty understanding why we drew
the conclusions we did.

DeAnna Burghart
TMG Shortcuts, Variables and Report Cheat Sheets (Word and PDF)
http://members.cox.net/danieleb765/genealogy/

This thread: