TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2007-04 > 1176227443

From: Terry Reigel <>
Subject: Re: [TMG] Narrative Reports and Second Site
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2007 13:50:43 -0400

On Sat, 7 Apr 2007 10:08:29 -0700 (PDT), Donald Joseph Schulteis wrote:
> I have produced two book now using TMG and The
> Verminator's statement had me wondering why I could not
> produce in SecondSite what I did in TMG. I am not
> thinking image output but content output.

Seems to be the basic problem is that Second Site is designed to work with a web browser, making extensive use of links to allow the reader to move to parents, children, or others who may not even be related. This creates a very flexible and powerful tool for displaying information about a group of people. But it does not translate well to paper, which does not offer hyperlinks. <g>

Paper reports, as produced by TMG, arrange people in a logical order to facilitate readers following a family line. It's not as flexible as Second Site's arrangement, but to me is much better suited to the two-dimensional world of paper.

Terry Reigel

This thread: