TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2007-04 > 1176598828

From: "GRSwede" <>
Subject: Re: [TMG] Poll - Census: An event or a source or both?
Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2007 19:00:28 -0600

My aunt thought that she was two years younger than she was and the census
enumerations perpetuated the lie. She was illegitimate because my
grandparents did not get married until two years after she was born. My
grandparents didn't want the world to know so they lied. So much for the
census being a source of birth data.

John