TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2007-06 > 1182714359

From: "GRSwede" <>
Subject: Re: [TMG] Family Reunions and TMG - Unknown Names
Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2007 13:45:59 -0600

Teresa, I have pondered using an old desk top PC and SS also. I will give
it a shot to see if I can use SS.

I will print indented descendancy charts to have on hand, but I suspect they
will be too voluminous for most to keep track of what they are looking at.
In that most of the people will be from families of the same ancestor (my
great grand father) they probably can tolerate a six generation indented
descendancy chart.

So as to not offend new attendees whose family line is common three
generations farther back I will have to pick a generation point to generate
their descendancy charts. I then will tie the two or three descendancy
charts together with a single three generation chart.

Good point on gathering information at the reunion. I do plan to take to
the reunion 300 or so old family photographs for people to help identify the
people in the pictures. I also want people to select or give me pictures to
enter as TMG exhibits. Half of the photos are on CD and half are just Xerox
copies of photographs obtained from a second cousin 15 years ago.

TMG is great for me to use, but I think computers at reunions of older
people may be like my experience of relating to relatives my life in Germany
for seven years. After about 20 minutes they tend to talk about Mabel's new
washing machine.

Thanks for your input.

John Lundquist