TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2007-06 > 1182714370

From: "GRSwede" <>
Subject: Re: [TMG] Family Reunions and TMG - Unknown Names
Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2007 13:46:10 -0600

Thank you for your input. Although a lot of the people that will be
attending the reunion have email addresses I suspect that even those have a
computer usage problem in that they don't often respond to the organizer of
the reunion.

I was going to print out a descendancy box chart for the Surname from the
progenitor to descendants alive today. The VCF chart service would have to
print four charts (2 times 3' high by the maximum width) to make all the
persons fit in 10 point text. Since the reunion will be held in a camping
and RV park it is just not feasible to view such a chart and I suspect not
very interesting to most.

I will have to do as you suggest, "select" the information for the reunion
carefully. I will be presenting the history of the surname and the reasons
for their migrations from Germany to Russia to the United States. As the
elderly family members have lost track of family history I think my input
may kindle some interest in the younger descendants.

TMG produces descendancy box charts that I plan to modify to one or two
generation family group sheets. I prefer to have a box chart for showing
family to elderly eyes. Those charts can be larger print so more than one
person at a time can view them.

John Lundquist