TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2007-07 > 1184266406

From: "Teresa Elliott" <>
Subject: Re: [TMG] Richard, et al is a genious wa RE: Sort date wishlist
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2007 13:53:26 -0500

Ok, Linda since it takes a kindergartener to explain it in kindergartener
terms, I guess that nominates me. <G>

Stephen Bennett had 13 children, which instead of writing a will, he deeded
each a piece of property. So I have 13 deed tags dated 01 Jan 1899. I use
a separate IMG tag to store the image for each tag, so I also have 13
IMG-deed tags dated 01 Jan 1899. Then Stephen died on 01 Jan 1899 (actually
1898, I got the date wrong in my first email). And then he was buried
sometimes before the 5 Jan 1899, and his body was stolen from the grave and
sent to Vermont between the 7th and 9th.

So between the 1st and the 9th of January, I needed to sort 29 tags. So
that put the sort date of his burial tag around the 1st of February. Which
would be fine, except that means it also sorts that way on other people's
screens as well and that could affect how those dates print in amongst those
person's tags. So what I needed was a way to tell TMG that this tag
happened on this date, but print it in this order.

What Richard and other's suggested was that instead of the first deed having
the date 01 Jan 1899 and the sort date of 01 Jan 1899, that I make the sort
date From 01 Jan 1899 to 02 Jan 1899. Then the first IMG-deed tag would
have a date of 01 Jan 1899 and a sort date of From 01 Jan 1899 to 03 Jan
1899, etc. Then the death tag would have a date of 01 Jan 1899 and a sort
date of 02 Jan 1899 and it will print AFTER all the deed tags, but won't
mess up the PV of the other people attached to the tag.

Since Stephen had so many tags that happened on the same day, and then many
more within the following weeks, since his body went to Vermont, and then
got brought home, Dr. Heimark was arrested and then there was a trial, and
then his son had to get letters of Administration, and then a settlement had
to be made, he has a LOT of tags in a very short period of time, and those
tags are witnessed by other people who were having children, getting
married, dying themselves. To sort all those tags on all those PVs if I
could just have one tag per day would have been a nightmare. This solved my
problem. Or at least it appears to. <G>

Did that explain it, or did I confuse you more.

Teresa Ghee Elliott
--http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~rutherfordcemetery/