TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2007-09 > 1189389327

From: "Darrell A. Martin" <>
Subject: Re: [TMG] PDA question
Date: Sun, 09 Sep 2007 20:55:27 -0500

Kathy Cardoza wrote:
> Kevin
> That is certainly true. But, I can access MOST of my genealogy for a
> quick reference on my iPhone by going to my bookmarked web site where
> I have my ancestry posted. Not a perfect solution but it works for
> me. Oh, and in case anyone is interested, the iPhone is a fabulous
> device !!
> Kathy

Hi, Kathy:

I do the same thing with my BlackBerry. I am also developing a Web site,
using Second Site, that is designed specifically for viewing via a
handheld device. Not a "perfect" solution, especially when I am out of
range of a wireless broadband connection, but so far it has worked very
well. The biggest problem is that I have data that I have agreed not to
make public, and I need to have access to it when away from my PCs.

I also have GedStar and love it. It does just about everything I want
for portable use. Unfortunately, my Palm is not likely to be upgraded,
so for that sole reason I need to look at alternatives.

Darrell A. Martin
a native Vermonter currently in exile in Illinois

This thread: