TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2007-12 > 1198989424

From: "Ray Rogers" <>
Subject: Re: [TMG] Performance issue worsens with V7?
Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2007 23:37:04 -0500

Chris, you should be seeing better performance than with v6, I know that I
am, although not as good as I had hoped for, but I believe that's a
limitation of the VFoxpro that is used. That's another story.

Open Task manager and go to the Processes tab, click on the CPU heading so
that you get the larger numbers at the top. This lets you see which
processes are using the CPU cycles. The beauty of Task Manager is that it
will stay on top of other windows so you can watch it in real time as you
perform operations within TMG.
Check the performance tab also, especially the memory information, 768MB is
not a lot these days.
Depending upon what you find in the way of running processes, you may be
able to shut some services down, or at least stop them from starting
automatically.

Ray

This thread: