TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2007-12 > 1199028218

From: "Mayer, Charles" <>
Subject: [TMG] TMG 7 Post Release testing
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2007 15:23:38 +0000

I am finding this discussion unparalleled in all of recorded history. I have
renamed the folder where I'm saving all the messages about TMG 7 to "TMG 7 Post Release Test." Everything is out in the open for all, from newbie to pro, including
our leader sage Bob the Great Velke, to see, test, comment, revise, and on and
on. This will undoubtedly lead to the quickest, most comprehensive Beta test
ever conducted by a CPU program vendor.

This may also be a sad comment about the ubiquitous methods used by companies, that
everything must be done in top secret by only "professionals" within their company and not by Joe Sixpack who's going to try and use the product When their product are released, they're
released, and that's it folks, you bought the ranch, now live on it.

There is a field of study with degrees and sub degrees n ow called Ergonomics.
In my day is was called Human Factors Engineering. Here is one definition from
http://ergonomics.about.com/od/ergonomicbasics/a/ergo101.htm

"The International Ergonomics Association has adopted this technical definition:
ergonomics (or human factors) is the scientific discipline concerned with the
understanding of interactions among humans and other elements of a system, and
the profession that applies theory, principles, data and methods to design in
order to optimize human well-being and overall system performance."

Sadly, many corporate bean counters don't have the foggiest about this concept,
and think that real life testing would be detrimental to their next quarter's
bottom line.

So I don't care whether the current TMG 7 is a "Release" or in a "Post Release Test" or a "Beta 2 Test." It's all the same to me as I just sit back and watch this absolutely wonderful poster child for ergonomics going on here. So, thanks to all you folks participating in this forum, my hat's off to you. We will all be eternally thankful that a whole bunch of stuff will fixed, patched, or worked around in very short order, and we'll all have a much superior product to use and enjoy.

Charles A Mayer
Ormond by the Sea

This thread: