TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2007-12 > 1199098716

From: "Chris" <>
Subject: Re: [TMG] Performance issue worsens with V7?
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2007 10:58:36 -0000

Hi,

While I can believe it to be a Windows issue (I've no proof to the
contrary), in my case it is not related to networked drives. I have about a
dozen network drives set up and rarely use TMG when connected to them. My
performance degradation seems to have been associated with a disconnected
network printer - but what the root cause is I haven't a clue. I also use
the "off line cache" from Windows XP, but do not store TMG data on the
associated network drive and the performance didn't improve when I disabled
the cache.

I have not noticed any similar degradation in the performance of other
applications when I'm not connected to the default printer.

Personally I suspect Visual FoxPro since TMG is the only application I
perceive the problem with, and TMG is the only application I use with Visual
FoxPro. But then I've never developed using VFP and so my suspicions are
not worth a lot.

I have not looked at whether the performance degrades when the default is a
local printer that is not attached since I do not use local printers and
don't have one I could try with.

This is NOT a complaint against TMG - I'm just trying to help make it even
better.

regards

Chris