TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2007-12 > 1199117959

Subject: Re: [TMG] TMG 7 Problem - Add Person Dialog Missing
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2007 11:19:19 -0500

If you are comfortable editing the app.ini, you can check to see what
the settings are for that window and correct them. There are a couple
of app.ini files - one master file in the program folder that you
cannot edit and one in the user data files that you can.

In my article at vblakelock.com/tmg7.pdf you can locate the correct
app.ini. You'll see it on page 4 in the middle of the screenshot
there. And the Vista location for that folder is listed below the
screenshot. The app.ini is a text file you can edit in Notepad -
*only when TMG is closed ! ! *

There is a lot of info in the app.ini. You can Ctrl-F for
frmapselector to go to that section. Here are the default settings:

[OtherWindows]
frmapselectorTop=0
frmapselectorLeft=0
frmapselectorHeight=308
frmapselectorWidth=512
frmapselectorState=0

If your Add Person window is off screen, you may see some other numbers
(I'd be interested to know what they are). If they are not the
defaults, change them and see if that fixes it. Let us know what
happens -

I'll report the problem.

Virginia