TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2008-02 > 1204244881

From: "Teresa Elliott" <>
Subject: Re: [TMG] OT naming
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2008 18:28:01 -0600

Joan, My guess is that Tom was his name, Squire was a nickname. Look for
another man in the area named Tom X and I bet Squire was used to signify the
difference in the two. Pretty common name at that time period.
Could have been his occupation or a description of his character.
Teresa Ghee Elliott
--http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~rutherfordcemetery/