TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2008-03 > 1205439530

From: "Rae Jean" <>
Subject: Re: [TMG] Citation Display Suggestion -- WAS changing surnames
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2008 14:18:50 -0600

Bob
I love the tool tips concept and have made use of it in most situations. Now
that has spoiled me and I want to see more -- version 7 allows the addition
of being able to view tag (witnesses) associates which helps.

But citations are also a VERY important part of the equation and I want to
see them without having to open / close one tag at a time or having to run a
report (usage of a specific citation or sources associated with that
person). Neither quite solves the problem of being able to QUICKLY view
which citation is attached to a tag or group of tags for that individual.
IMHO, the issue now is that the citations are "sitting in the wings" while
the _tags, dates, memo content & associates_ are all center stage.

In version 6.12, the right click menu has filters whereby we can filter for
a type of tag, primary events, BMDB events or non-witnessed events -- an
alternative suggestion would be to add a filter for tag(s) associated with a
particular source number... IF you could have the _sources associated with a
person_ report open at the same time.

This actually is an alternative suggestion as my first preference would be
for tool tip window (user choice or setting in preferences) to pop up
displaying
1. all sources cited for a particular tag or
2. all tags cited by a particular source.

What do you think?
Rae Jean