TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2008-03 > 1205589543

From: "Janis Rodriguez" <>
Subject: Re: [TMG] Citation Display Suggestion
Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2008 09:59:03 -0400

Rae Jean,

Try a LOE[vents] instead of the list of sources. In LOE you can't print the
[CD] or any details about the source like a List of Citations but you can
vary column output and sort on designated columns.

FieldSubfieldOperatorValue
Connect
Any Citation Src Number= Equals[?]END

I suggest the following Output Columns:

2Date
Tag Type Label
1Prin1 Last, Given
Prin1 ID
Prin2 Last, Given
Prin2 ID

Make sure the width is wide enough not to truncate the info and print to a
spreadsheet where you can adjust the columns without worrying about paper
size. Sorting on Prin1 sorts the events by with the person so you can clean
them the identified tags for each person. Prin2 is arguably not really
necessary because the tag will be cleaned for both principal. That info can
help if you have several of the same tag with different Prin2, like multiple
marriages of census tags. The date should differentiate between those tags,
but other visual clues don't hurt and the data should easily fit in the
spreadsheet.

Since this is an LOE, you can even set a flag for these folks and then
filter the Project Explorer for folks with that flag! Then work your way
through those people using the list of events to tell you which tag to open.

Regards,
Jan