TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2008-06 > 1212524346

From: "Diana Powell" <>
Subject: Re: [TMG] Source Translations & Dates - Proposals
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2008 13:19:06 -0700

I'm late to this thread, but I'd like to add another voice of support to
John's idea. This is an area where simplification would definitely reap
rewards for WG in the perceived "learning curve" of TMG. Folks who are
looking to buy "serious" genealogy software these days want to know they can
create sources reflecting their own preferences or following resources such
as "Evidence Explained". Although it certainly can be done under the current
system it is not user friendly. John's idea would also make it easier for
users to trade custom templates.

I have no idea if something like this could be implemented and be backwards
compatible, but I'd even be willing to have my old sources stay as they are
and have the added ability to create new ones under a simplified system.

Diana Powell

> To be clear, my proposal is only incidentally about element names. I
> think
> it improves the situation there, but the meat of the idea was to
> eliminate
> element _groups_ and the associated restrictions.

This thread: