TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2008-06 > 1214069856

Subject: Re: [TMG] Conversion Error #3
Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2008 13:37:36 EDT

Jane wrote:
>For more than a week I have been unable to send a report to the world
>processor because of Conversion error #3. I can send directly to the
>printer, or to screen, but not to any word processor I have, other than
>Notepad.

>Tech support tried to help, but so far do not have a solution. The
>error message says "could not open CONV-LOG-TXT on scratch drive." Does
>anyone know what a "scratch drive" is? My son helps people with
>computers all the time, but couldn't figure that one out.

Jane, the scratch drive is a temporary file path which the TMG report writer
uses to convert the TMG report to the Word .doc format. After it makes the
temporary files on the scratch drive, it deletes them. As I explained
earlier in the thread, you can easily check the location of the scratch drive in
TMG. On the main menu in TMG go to Help > Technical Support. Click on the
Trouble Report button, and then open that text file in Notepad when TMG offers
to. In the trouble report, right after the double line, you will see a
section labeled SYSTEM DESCRIPTION. Look under this for

Temporary File Path : C:\DOCUME~1\VIRGINIA\LOCALS~1\TEMP

Yours will say 'Jane' instead of Virginia. That is your scratch drive.

Let us know what you find there.

Virginia