TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2008-06 > 1214253568

From: Terry Reigel <>
Subject: Re: [TMG] Unknowns
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2008 16:39:28 -0400

Lee Hoffman wrote:

> It depends on the degree of customization. When I find
> "unknowns" and "unrelateds," they are usually persons or
> (small) groups with very little information. An example
> would be a person or family in a census and I can't
> connect them to any of my families at the time.

That's a great example of what I'm talking about, Lee. Many of my "unknowns" are from census, or property records. And those two are the most highly customized tag types and source types in my project. I'd guess that's true for most users who have done any customization. If I entered census data, particularly, in a separate data set which didn't have my current Tag Types and Source types I'd not be happy with the results where I to later copy those people to my main data set.

Terry

This thread: