TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2008-06 > 1214856969

From: Kathy H <>
Subject: Re: [TMG] Splitting a large database
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2008 15:16:09 -0500

Terry,
Maybe I should change the wording in my original question.

How would I choose just my parents full genealogy information (5 generations back) to give to a family member who has no use for my in-laws side of the family database? Does this make sense?

Kathy> Message: 8> Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2008 14:34:48 -0400> From: Terry Reigel <>> Subject: Re: [TMG] Splitting a large database> To: <>> Message-ID: <>> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="windows-1252"> > Kathy H wrote:> >> > I have several family lines in one large database.> >> > How is the easiest way to split these into several> > different family databases? i.e. my fathers family, my> > mothers family, my in-laws family.> > By far the easiest way is not to, as has been advocated by many on his list recently. <g> > > There are lots of good reasons to keep everyone in a single data set, and few good reasons for creating separate data sets or separate projects. Starting with the fact that if you do what you suggest you will be unable to create a complete ancestor reports or charts for you or your husband, nor any of your descendants.> > > Terry Reigel> >
http://www.windowslive.com/messenger/connect_your_way.html?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_Refresh_messenger_062008

This thread: