TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2008-07 > 1215472606

From: "David Ball" <>
Subject: Re: [TMG] what repository for Ancestry.com census images?
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2008 16:16:46 -0700

Depends on how you set up your source (lumper versus some level of
splitter). I use a separate source for each census year by country and put
the details of the specific image in the citation for any tags I create from
that census page. My repository is usually "on-line at Ancestry.com,
accessed through www.ancestry.com".

So the details of my source and source citation focus on the census and the
repository says where I saw the census images; mostly it has been at
Ancestry.com, but some Canadian images have been viewed on microfilm and the
repository for them is the Archives of Canada where I saw them.

Dave Ball

This thread: