TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2008-08 > 1217864013

From: JoAnn <>
Subject: Re: [TMG] Another wish list item
Date: Mon, 04 Aug 2008 08:33:33 -0700

>Subject: Re: [TMG] Another wish list item
>
>I only use sureties for the date and place. The surety for the date would
>state how sure I am these two people married on this date. The surety for
>the place would state how sure I am these two were married at this place.
>If I wasn't sure it was them marrying, I wouldn't create the tag. (Or if I
>was reasonably sure, I might make a note in the memo field.)

When I enter a person for the first time, he/she is always a
surety 3 because I KNOW this is who I am adding at this time.

>I actually have more issues remembering to set the sureties than in skipping
>over them.

Which is a plus for having those columns.

>If I just had those two fields, maybe I would be more likely to
>remember. I do have the reminder set to say "hey you forgot to set the
>sureties." And at times I just say, "I know, but I am too lazy right now.
>Add that to my cleanup list later." And TMG says "okay, suit yourself."
>Which leads me to my second hobby, cleaning up data I was too lazy to enter
>right the first time. <G>

Which is why I use the following in my 'professional' signature:

"If you don't have time to do it right the first time, when will you
have time to do it again?"

This thread: