TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2008-08 > 1218029758

From: "Art Eccles" <>
Subject: Re: [TMG] Merging Two people
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2008 14:35:58 +0100

Myrnice,
I will only lose data if I exclude the marriage tag that has the spouse's
details while retaining the marriage tag that does not have the spouse's
details. What I am asking for is sufficient information on the merge screen
to allow me to make the correct decision.

In the IGI, there is a record for each of a couple's children, each one with
a Marriage tag. So there could be multiple Marriage tags for the same
couple. If I merge all records for the same couple without unchecking
anything for thousands of downloaded people, I will have a huge amount of
work to "combine sources and data and delete the duplicate tags".

Regards
art