TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2008-08 > 1218584834

From: Ida Skarson McCormick <>
Subject: Re: [TMG] Tag for People Living Together
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2008 16:47:14 -0700
References: <>
In-Reply-To: <>

Another possibility is POSSLQ (pronounced possle-cue) which was
invented by the US Census Bureau and means
persons-of-the-opposite-sex-sharing-living-quarters. It was used in
the 1980 census and has been used by demographers. Also, LTA
(living-together arrangement) could be used. Some cases may not
require a sentence at all, just a memo, or a suppressed sentence. If
children are born to the couple, and you want the couple and children
to appear on charts/reports in some semblance of order with spouses
and children of actual marriages, then you probably will want to put
the tag in the Marriage Group.

--Ida Skarson McCormick, , Seattle

At 11:21 AM 8/12/2008, Val <> wrote:
>What is the correct name for a Tag designating two people living
>together as if married.... <snip>

This thread: