TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2008-08 > 1218853724

From: "Teresa Elliott" <>
Subject: Re: [TMG] Research Log wish List
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2008 21:28:44 -0500

I am on board. I'd love to be able to create a task, and then attach it to
1) Everyone 2) Everyone in a Focus Group 3) Everyone in a Filtered List of
People.

I'd love to be able to be in a list of tasks attached to a repository and be
able to click on a task and go to that person's PV screen.

I'd love for the Research Log to be a window that I could keep open on top,
that would change as the person in the PV screen changed focus. If we had
this feature, I could stop attaching the fool things to tags. <G>

Would love the tabular output so I could stop hand writing research logs for
my document folders. TMG could be taught to do it for me. <G>

Would love to be able to attach multiple, people, events, sources or
repositories to the same task.

Would love to be able to see keywords on the RESEARCH LOG ALL TASKS screen,
without having to open the task.

Ditto at least part of the memo for each date field.

Would like to be able to set a to do date, and have TMG remind me that this
task needs to be done on that date. I would use it to have reminders set for
specific research trips.

Would love to be able to break tasks into subtasks.
Deed-Book H, Page 129
>>Copy Deed
>>Transcribe Deed
>>Scan Deed
>>Email to Susie

Sounds to me that you and I are actually using this, and I think the
suggestions you made are wonderful. I would use everyone of those features
if they were implemented.

Just this week I searched for my ancestor on the INDEX roll for the deed
books. He wasn't found. Now I am working through creating tasks (completed
since he's not there) for 60+ deed books. Boring as heck. If I could create
one TASK, attach 60 repositories, I'd be done in about 5 minutes. But as it
is, it will take me a few weeks to finish this task. I hate doing the data
entry, but I don't want to keep checking the same rolls over and over again,
not with gas prices to the archives the way they are. The more gas goes up,
the more I find myself using the research log to record research I have
done, or need to do. <G>

Teresa Ghee Elliott
--http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~rutherfordcemetery/
My genealogy blog