TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2009-01 > 1233301410

Subject: Re: [TMG] Merging Projects
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2009 02:43:30 EST

writes:
FTM 2009 can import directly from the TMG project file without
the backup.

At the risk of repeating, Yes. But FTM does not handle witnesses.
A database can only accommodate information for which it has a field.
The younger members of my family use FTM so I tried giving up the use of
witness roles which I use to record children in censuses.
In the end decided against it. I list children in a household in the Source
as a back up but use a Second Site CD to hand over my data - with SS one can
hand over as much or as little as one chooses.
Best regards
Evelyn Wilcock
London
Genealogy site at http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~wilcock/