TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2009-03 > 1236805609

From: "Janice" <>
Subject: Re: [TMG] Research Task - from there to person?
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2009 08:06:49 +1100

-----Original Message-----
From: [mailto:]On
Behalf Of Lee Hoffman
Sent: Thursday, 12 March 2009 1:16 AM

Janice wrote:
>I printed out a list of All Tasks recently. I see that tasks with a
Designed
>date from 1995 to about 2001 have no way of identifying who the task is
for.
>Ones after that are OK. I am trying to deduce who the person is. I can for
>some. There are some I cannot.
>
>I cannot see any way of finding a link to where the research link was
>created. In the Research Task screen the Person, Event, Source and
>Repository are 'not assigned yet.' see below.
>
>Is there something I am missing?

First of all thanks Jim and Lee for the prompt reply. There is something
magical in putting a question on the board last thing at night, waking up in
the morning and finding the answer (maybe not what I wanted to hear) waiting
for me. If only all our problems could be solved that way.

These tasks were added back when I really didn't know what I was doing. The
later tasks have more detail in them. I will do as you suggest Lee and work
through them in "Designed Date" order. Any I cannot work out easily I will
put an old completed date in it and move on. Some tasks I have completed
anyway.

I matched a few yesterday and then realised I was using my desk top which
had not been updated from my laptop. I was lucky as I had scribbled details
on my printout and that will be recovered easily.

"It has helped."

Janice Cornwell
Melbourne

This thread: