TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2010-01 > 1264753609

From: "Chris" <>
Subject: Re: [TMG] Where to store emails
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2010 08:26:49 -0000

Hi - I keep all e-mails in Outlook - with back-up copies. I mean ALL since
I have not deleted any personal genealogy ones in the last ten years. I do
not keep copies of those on ROOTSWEB lists since there is a good on-line
archive of those. For the e-mails I quote as sources, I create a PDF
version and save that along with other documents. The name of the file
includes that date and time that I received it and the author's name - e.g.
20091024T1023-Jones_A_W.pdf. I have not yet considered archiving my e-mails
- primarily because the files are so huge that I'll need to await the next
generation DVD-ROMS (the 9GB ones). Yes - I could split the archive - e.g.
by year - but haven't managed to find the energy to do it <grin>.

Chris