TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2010-01 > 1264773405

From: "beth" <>
Subject: Re: [TMG] Where to store emails
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2010 08:56:45 -0500

Kaye,

If you create one source per email in TMG, as I do, you could store the
email in TMG. Most, if not all of the email I have used as a source is
basically just plain text, even if in came to me as HTML format. I save it
to my Desktop as text, open the saved file, select all of it, then paste it
in to the Comments box on the Supplemental tab. If you go this route, you
probably do not want to include Comments in the source output template.

If the email has one or more attachments, you could save them separately and
attach them to the source as exhibits. There might be problems with this,
depending on the file type of the attachments. I don't know what the
limitations are within TMG.

Another option is to attach the email and any attachments as exhibits.

Storing the email in TMG means it will be backed up with the project.

I usually leave the email in my email client too.

regards, beth

I'm really trying to do away with paper

> Are there are other options?  How do some of you do it?  I'm
> always afraid the emails could be lost if I don't print them
> or save them in Word (which would be backed up regularly),
> but what a hassle.  I like them online so I can access them
> anywhere anytime, but I'm afraid that a glitch may make them
> disappear.
>
> Thanks for your ideas.
> Kaye

This thread: