TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2010-02 > 1265243933

From: Lee Hoffman <>
Subject: Re: [TMG] Tags explanation of each type? What have you added?
Date: Wed, 03 Feb 2010 19:38:53 -0500

Kaye Wykoff wrote:
>I finally understood that the History tag should be used to mark a
>true historical event for a region or city or the whole project.?
>Like creating a History tag to show everyone affected by Hurricane
>Ike or the creation of a county from other counties--a true historic event.

Think of a History Tag as a single event Timeline. You might have
one or more of these and they might be tied (attached as Witnesses to
one or more persons. The idea is somewhat to answer the question of
"What were you doing/where were you when....?" for events such as:
- when Pearl Harbor was bombed,
- when JFK was killed,
- on 9-11,
- Obama was sworn in as President,