TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2010-02 > 1267333712

From: Rick Van Dusen <>
Subject: Re: [TMG] TMG on thumb drive won't install
Date: Sat, 27 Feb 2010 21:08:32 -0800

What exactly do you have on the thumb drive? If you have the program
installation file (a self-extracting zip I believe, with an .exe
extension), you should be in good shape--sort of. If you have the files
that were on your hard drive on the old machine, those aren't intended
to install the program.

I say "sort of" above, because you'd be better off with a fresh download
than with the old version (if for no other reason than that your old
version might not work correctly on Vista). I urge you to go to the WG
website and download tmg7setup.exe and install that. (I don't know
whether your old license will work, but the 30-day trial will, and if it
installs properly, you'll know it works at least, and then you can
contact WG and ask about the license.)