TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2010-04 > 1272126018

From: Virginia Blakelock <>
Subject: Re: [TMG] Complete Export/import of TMG data sets
Date: Sat, 24 Apr 2010 12:43:55 -0400

Pierce wrote:
> With all the problems people have pointed out with backing up not just the TMG data base, but also exhibits, and various preferences that are not limited to one data base, it seems TMG needs a complete Export and Import process.
>
> Export would create a file (probably a .sqz file) that contains everything TMG knows about your data base. That would include backing up all exhibits, source templates, report definitions, etc. which the current basic backup does not save. (I'm still confused what is missing from a normal backup, but I'm sure when I need the information, I can find it by trolling this list and >the many helpful documents available on-line.)

The best and easiest way to get accurate information about what is
included in a backup is to step through the Backup and Restore Wizards
with the option for Backup All (projects and customizations) and to
read the Help topics for Backup and Restore. The Restore topic
includes a recommendation about backing up exhibits outside of TMG if
the exhibits are stored in a multi-folder tree.

Virginia B.

This thread: