TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2010-04 > 1272475590

From: Rick Van Dusen <>
Subject: Re: [TMG] Complete Export/import of TMG data sets
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2010 10:26:30 -0700

If the user stores all his/her exhibits in one folder, no subfolders,
TMG can backup and restore those. Correct so far?

If the user stores exhibits in the default location, TMG has no problem
whatsoever in backing up/restoring. Still correct?

If the user has installed a Data_paths.txt AND/OR has specified for the
given project AND/OR the installation an alternate to the "factory
defaults" (my coined term to differentiate from what I'll call
"user-defaults", e.g. the above specifications), TMG will backup and
restore to/from the user-defaults. Correct?

And in the above case, the user has modified his/her storage locations,
and therefore has also needed to modify the way the program does things,
and this is consistent with my statements, is it not?

If the user chooses to store files in some different manner than TMG is
designed to manage, e.g. exhibits in subfolders, TMG does not
successfully compensate for the user's deviation from the program
design. Is this not also consistent with my statements?