TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2010-04 > 1272475975

From: "John Cardinal" <>
Subject: Re: [TMG] Complete Export/import of TMG data sets
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2010 13:32:55 -0400

Jim Byram wrote:
> > If the user stores his/her external exhibits in any other
> > place, or in subfolders, the TMG backup/restore does not
> adapt to that.
>
> I'm responding to the case where the user stores all exhibits
> in one folder.
>
> That is not correct.
>
> Restore will use the exhibits path for the project being
> restored as the default.
>
> And you can change that path to any folder that you choose if
> you wish.

Jim,

If I have the exhibits folder set to whatever default TMG assigns, but I
have all my exhibits in "c:\exhibits", and that is not the aforementioned
default exhibit folder, then a TMG restore will not put the exhibits back in
"c:\exhibits", it will move them to the TMG default exhibit folder. TMG will
not alert me that this has happened, nor will it have warned me about
storing exhibits outside the default folder. The point is, TMG doesn't
restore to the folder where it found the files during the backup, it restore
to the exhibit folder, and that might not be the same thing. These little
subtleties contribute to why I think it's wise to keep exhibits out of TMG
backups.

John

This thread: