TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2010-05 > 1273720122

From: "Darrell A. Martin" <>
Subject: Re: [TMG] How do I ?
Date: Wed, 12 May 2010 22:11:08 -0500

Rae Jean wrote:
> Lee (and John)
> I spent a good part of yesterday trying once again to attach an external
> exhibit to TMG event and having that exhibit show up in SS. I got it
> attached in TMG but it still does not show up in SS. I got so frustrated I
> had to stop.
>
> Then I began thinking about what I wanted to achieve and how to go about it
> without using the customary functions of TMG and SS.
>
> Trying to think outside the box, I was able to attach my one exhibit
> (walker1725.jpg) to an event and provide links to parties associated with
> the event. It was easier to do than I thought it would be -- but it was
> achieved using non-traditional methods. Well, at least I now have one
> exhibit on my website that displays the players in a particular timeframe of
> my family's history while building evidence of their relationships.
>
> This webpage link shows what I did....
> http://home.earthlink.net/~rjfamily/p1355.htm
>
> If you or anyone else can think of a better way to do this, please contact
> me.
> I snipped most of the messages that normally would appear below because they
> were very long.
> Rae Jean

Rae Jean:

I think you need to get back in the box. Attaching external exhibits to
a TMG Tag and having them appear in Second Site is a well-known function
that has been around since about the earliest beta versions. In my
opinion, there is almost certainly a step that you are missing (or more
than one) that would make everything work.

Have you ever gotten to the point where Second Site generates a "camera
icon" after the sentence for a Tag to which an external exhibit is attached?

By the way, the only graphics I see when I look at the page you provide
the link for, are the top and bottom "Graphics by Touch a Memory". What
am I supposed to see?

Darrell

This thread: