TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2010-07 > 1278101763

From: "John Cardinal" <>
Subject: Re: [TMG] Fw: Restoring project
Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2010 16:16:03 -0400

Rick Van Dusen wrote:
> It isn't necessary to uninstall WinZip. In fact, you might
> want in the future to be able to open .sqz files directly.

You can also adjust the Windows file mappings such that Windows recognizes
SQZ files as compressed archives. It's not difficult to do that, but it may
be a more challenging task than the average TMG user is willing to tackle.
The details vary based on which version of Windows you use, but the basic
approach is to define the SQZ filetype the same way as the ZIP filetype.

Sorry, but I can't write the detailed steps here because I don't have access
to all the various OS variations and I don't have the time to write the
steps down even if I did. (Oh, and I couldn't force myself to use the word
"screen" when I really meant "window". <g>)

John

This thread: