TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2010-07 > 1278794628

From: Rick Van Dusen <>
Subject: Re: [TMG] Genealogy wiki
Date: Sat, 10 Jul 2010 13:43:48 -0700

One more comment about wikis (general and theoretical):

In my view, a well-run wiki can push people to present a
reasoned/evidenced argument and accept reasoned/evidenced challenges.
This takes us "backwards" from the "advance" of people "feeling" instead
of thinking, getting all ego-involved, and taking any challenge to their
statements as personal attack (or making personal attacks in lieu of
reasonable argument). In my opinion, this can only be good for American
society.

John Cardinal wrote:
:
:
:
> The ability to edit other people's work is fundamental to a wiki,...
:
:
:

> John